We're living in hard times right now. The economy is slowly getting better, but it's not quite there yet. As a college student with a part-time job, I don't always have the funds to buy the things I really want right away. A couple of weeks ago, I sat down and looked at my finances and saw that I really need to cut back on a lot of things in order to start saving money in my savings account. So far, it's been working. I initially planned to get a weave for the summer. I had in my mind already what type of hair I would use and everything! But when I calculated the cost of the hair I wanted to use including what I would be paying my stylist, the grand total amounted to $330 bucks! Um...there was no way I was gonna spend that amount of money being in the position I am right now.
So I decided to think smart! My Indique hair that I blogged about in previous posts was perfect for my situation. Indique hair is re-usable for up to a year! They're definitely worth the investment. I first got the Indique hair installed back in September 2010 till November 2010 and re-used it again in March 2011 till May 2011. September 2011 will make it a year! So I decided to use it for a final time. This will be my third time using it!
I was off from work today, and since I'm getting my hair done soon, I decided to use my free time to wash my Indique extensions!
I used Suave Clarifying Shampoo and Herbal Essence Moisturizing Conditioner as my only products.
Place all the hair in the sink of water. Water should a little hot to break down the dirt and oils in the hair.
Pour a good amount of shampoo into the palm of your hands and take 3-4 tracks at a time and lather them.
Place each piece aside after its been rinsed off.
After I rinsed out all the hair, I took about 3-4 tracks at a time, and added a dime size amount of conditioner and detangled with my wide tooth comb, then placed them aside. After all the pieces had conditioner, I rinsed it all out together under running water. The hair came out so soft! I didnt take pics of this process. After I rinsed everything, I took each track, piece by piece, detangled once again, and took out any thread that might have been left behind in the wefts. When I finished detangling every track, I combined all the hair together in a bundle and did a final comb through.
Final result (Air drying).
Nice soft and ready to be re-installed!