Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Next Hairstyle.

It's not even summer yet here in New York, and it already hit 98 degrees the other day....in Spring!! That's crazy..it's way TOO hot for this time of year. Imagine when Summer is actually here, how HOT it will be! I don't even wanna think about it...

Anyways, for this upcoming Summer, I need a hairstyle that will not only keep me cool but also make me look fierce of course! I need a style that stays out of my face and off of my back and shoulders. At first I wanted to get a curly sew-in using Bobbi Boss hair. But I came to realize that I need to save as much money as possible and quick, because I wont be working that much anymore in a few months since I plan on going to school full time. Using human hair is out of the question because I need hair that can last me a long time with out matting and tangling. Sadly, curly hair is out of the question for summer since the hair I want is kinda pricey. To save money, I decided to re-use my Indique hair for the third time....yes I said third...that hair is good! It can last for up to 1 year! After this install, I'll throw it away since it will be a year since I first got it..but Indique hair is a great investment ladies!

Since the hair I'm using is straight, I have to get a straight style. So I decided to go with a....drum roll please............

Asymmetrical A-line bob with side swept bangs!

Ok
ok...I know I said before that I didn't want any hair on my face, but this style has side swept bangs so I don't think they'll really bother me since they don't fully cover my whole forehead. Besides, in the summertime, I don't spend a lot of time outside anyways. I'm mostly inside with the AC on during the day, and I go out at night when it gets cooler, so side swept bangs should be fine. There's something about this hairstyle that emulates style, class, sophistication and sex appeal..I love it! It's also a great style for summer. I was inspired by a couple of celebrities who rocked this hairstyle.

Check them out!

Keri Hilson
(I dont want my hair this short..just a 'lil longer but you get the idea)

Taraji P. Henson

Kelly Clarkston

Nicole Richie
(I would prefer this a little shorter with more layers but you get the point..I hope!)
Lauren Conrad
I hope you guys get the idea! I'm hoping to get the sew-in during the end of the month. I'm in the process of preparing my hair to make it strong to withstand the sew-in. :)

4 comments:

ShirilynDykes said...

You can never go wrong with a bob, are you getting a weave this length? I mean are you going to cut the Indique hair into a bob?Keep me posted!!

LadyTaurus said...

Yes I plan on getting the Indique hair cut into a bob! By the time I take it out, it will be a year since I've been using it. Indique hair is usable for up to a year. I'm using it for the third time...third time is a charm right? lol. Then, sadly I will be throwing it away after 2 months :(

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your Indique! Actually, the hair can be reused for at LEAST one year, so you don't have to throw it out, just keep maintaining it as you have to keep it looking great!

Lola X said...

Great blog! Fabulous post!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com