I'm a very routine person, and have found that the products that i have been using have never let me down, which is why i stick to them. But as of lately, i have been very curious to see how other products would work for me. I'm not saying I'm not gonna use the old products that i have in my "stash", but i would like to try new things, and trying new things wont hurt. All of these products were purchased throughout the summer [June-August], but i was waiting for a good time to update you all on them. Here goes in no particular order! :
1. Neutrenga Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In: I blogged about this already a few weeks ago. Its really good, but i find that my hair likes it the most when i use it after a roller set and also when I'm wrapping my hair into a "doobie" at night. In the morning, when i unwrap my hair, it looks so shiny, moist, and fluffy...gotta love it! I bought it for $7.99 @ CVS
2. ORS Replenishing Pak: I remember using this only on my relaxer day when i used to relax with ORS Olive Oil No Lye relaxer. I never thought of using this as a regular weekly protein conditioner until recently. From what i can remember, my hair always looked beautiful and bouncy after relaxing with ORS, so i think i will give Lekair a break and start using this. Just in case my hair doesn't like it, i bought the the pak instead of the big bottle, just as a test sample. I bought it at Pathmart for $1.49.
3. Jamaican Black Castor Oil: I also blogged about this a few weeks ago. I have been using it ever since the day it showed up on my door step, and I'm very proud to say i have enough new growth to make it seem like i need a touch up. This stuff is great! I use it as a sealant and also on my clean scalp on my wash days. I bought it for $19.12 at Sams247.com
4. Ion Swimmers Shampoo: I'm going to the beach next week, and just to be on the safe side, i needed a shampoo that would get rid of all the minerals and chlorine from the water out of my hair. I have not been swimming ever since starting my healthy hair journey nearly 3 years ago, and i do not know how my healthy hair will react to that kind of water. So just to be safe, i bought this to immediately wash my hair out when i get out of the water. I bought it at Sally's for $5.49, it was on sale!
5. Silk Elements Megasilk Intensive Conditioning Mayonaisse: I have been hearing such good things about this mayo that the product junkie in me just HAD to have it lol..I think i will be using it in rotation with my ORS conditioner and my Lekair. I will be deep conditioning with it. I bought it at Sally's for $7.00.