Sunday, July 25, 2010

My July 2010 Relaxer Updates

I relaxed after 9 weeks post on July 23rd. My cousin relaxed my hair at the salon she works at in New Jersey. What a day...But I loved my results.

She used Affirm Fiberguard relaxer, and as requested, she left a little wave in my hair because i don't like when my hair is relaxed pin straight. She wet wrapped my hair, sat me under the dryer, then blow dried lightly and flat ironed. I also got a trim. I don't think I'm gonna make BSL this year, but I want to be as close to it as possible so that's what I'm aiming for. She always trims my ends with every relaxer, even if I don't want to lol. She says it'll be better for me in the long run. I'm really not in a rush to reach longer hair. As long as it's thick, healthy, and the ends are not split, then I'm good to go.

When I'm 6 weeks post, I plan on getting a partial sew-in and leaving it on my hair for 2 months. This will definitely help me stretch for 16 weeks with no problem. Here's a picture of my hair 2 days after my relaxer. I didn't have time to take pics before since it was so hot and humid outside, plus i was also very busy and tired.




I'm surprised I still have hair on my head after all that shedding I got for the past few weeks. I'm glad Im beginning to see results from the garlic pills though. I didn't shed as much as I did during my previous stretch. For the next few weeks leading up to my sew-in, Im gonna do protective styles 98% of the time. I'm getting kind of tired of this length.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm like a month late, but I've been on my journey for 4 months so far and I'm at the same length you are, but the sad thing is that I started at that length. This journey can be frustrating sometimes. I really want to see more results length but I am seeing the increase of health which is good.