Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekly Report: 9 weeks post (July 12-July 19)

I am now 9 weeks post relaxer!

I will actually be relaxing my hair on Friday (July 23rd) instead of the 26th. My mom's surprise birthday party will be on Saturday, and also my church is having a celebration on Sunday. So I think it's right that I relax my hair on Friday so it can look good for those days.

Thank you all for sticking with me for 9 weeks and reading my weekly reports! As most of you may already know, I will be attempting a 16 week stretch after my relaxer on Friday. If it goes well, I may stretch every relaxer to 16 weeks. I am also set on maybe transitioning once I hit BSL. I have no problem with my relaxed hair, but sometimes change is good. I would like to experience natural hair one day. I also know my hair would be thicker, and retain length better. This would also mean I would be going back to braids, which means I would get to see my braiding lady again!! I miss her... Once I hit BSL, I want to enjoy my length for a few months, then proceed to transitioning :) I have maybe 4 or 5 inches to go, so transitioning wont be anytime soon.


I washed my hair on Friday after wearing cornrows for a week under my half wig. I'm surprised I didn't have that much shedding as usual. I was shocked! I think the garlic supplements and the black tea are working!

Right now, my hair is in a bun. I haven't worn a bun in so long. I'm gonna have to get used to it, because this is the way my hair is gonna be all summer through November. I tried something new to spice up my bun. I did a side braid in the front to add some life to the boring librarian bun lol. Thursday night, i will detangle my hair in sections, base my scalp, and protect my previously relaxed hair with coconut oil.Let's pray my relaxer day goes well.

1 comments:

Little_Miss_Sin said...

I knew the Garlic would work wonders! I've been using it for a few months now and I'm retaining a lot more length.