I decided to start my growth challenge tomorrow Saturday July 18th through December 18, 2009. That is 5 months in total. I plan to grow my hair out to BSL . If i don't make it, i hope to be very close to it..like probably 1/2 an inch to BSL. I made it to APL in my October 2008 relaxer, but i had to trim my ends. I reached APL again in my April 2009 relaxer, but did not trim. Then i relaxed in June 26, 2009, i was still APL but had to dust my ends which left me grazing APL. It's like i can never hold on to APL! Lol. I always have to trim! But in order to have healthy hair, the ends have to be trimmed. Now i am on a strict journey to grow my hair from grazing APL to BSL by December. I know i can do it. Wish me luck!
I will be adding these exercises to my regimen for maximum growth.
- Apply my MN/Jamaican Black Castor oil mixture to my scalp every Saturday & Tuesday
- Moisturize with either NTM silk touch or S curl and seal with Jamaican Castor oil twice a day
- Protect ends in a protective bun all the time after my hair air dries
- Baggy my ends every night before bed
- Keep my hair wrapped up in a satin scarf whenever I'm home
- Little to no combing/brushing
- Take vitamins everyday! No exceptions
- Target Brand Hair, Skin & Nails [3 tablets a day]
- Fish Oil [1 tablet a day]
- Iron [3 tablets a day]